Friday, December 3, 2010

Ballet-ing

5 basic steps of ballet
It actually took me longer to draw the 5 basic steps than to learn it. As usual, my inspiration came from Facebook pictures. When i saw the ballets in tutu skirts and the way they stand, i suddenly wanted to learn ballet. I know my bones are getting hard and i'm not that flexible but no harm trying. Just hope i don't break a bone! or else my mum is gonna question me..a lot{im learning it in secret=.=}
 
The first time i tried the first step, i almost lost my balance, falling forwards to the wall. Luckily i didnt hit my head again. No Way im gonna repeat the big mistake which left me a microscopic scar as souvenir, but my spectacles covered it mostly. XD The second step felt pretty weird for me. Finding it hard to move my feet apart and when i did it, i'm moving it like a robot! LOL maybe more practice will help.

Third, fourth and fifth step were nicer to try with. Sliding your right foot to the front and back is fun, more comfortable compared to the first step.hehe.I'm trying to co-ordinate my hands with my feet for the complete basic steps. No drawings for the hands this time, i suffered drawing the legs=.= Not exactly a fan of drawing the human body especially the hands and legs. I make them look like elephant size :D And as for the pencil shading, it was on instinct, so have mercy criticizing my sketch XD

Youtube tutor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkLig3QWtOE . I find the video useful for beginners like me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment